Friday, January 22, 2016

I'm BAACK!!!!

Oh my!  So it has been over a year since my last blog.  What a whirlwind life has been!  My sweet little girl is going to be turning one in a week or so.  Like my other babies, she took her sweet time and didn't come until February!   She was 10lbs 2oz.   Let's back up some to fall of 2014.  We had our previous Foster child come back into our home, and of course we were overjoyed!  She is such a sweet girl and fits our family perfectly!   We are going to get legal custody of her very soon, and in all the ways that truly matter, she is our daughter!    Well, November of 2014 the two kids we agreed to in the summer were being placed with another family.  Mom was not doing what she needed to, and I knew I could not be everything they needed.   That was a very hard decision and many tears were shed.  They were the first two kids that we ever sent back.  Our goal with any child that is placed in our home is to be the forever family that every child deserves. I really felt like I was letting these two beautiful kids down.    Within the next week another child that we had prayed for in the summer to be part of our family, was now coming for a respite weekend.  That turned into a couple weekends, and then her aunt decided she wouldn't allow her to come home, so a weekend in December she came to live with us permanently!   We adopted her this past December 2015.  She is 17 and we are so happy that God has blessed us with her!  She has come such a long way in the short time she  has been here.  I know that God has a plan for her because we see him pushing her everyday!   I can't wait to see how that unfolds! December of 2015 God sent back the two little ones that were supposed to be back with mom. They were in two foster homes since last with us, and mom tried having them there and nothing worked out for them.  It was heartbreaking.  They are now in our custody again and our plan is to be their permanent home as long as we can!  They are still quite a bit of work, but we know that the God that sent them here will give us what we need to love them in a way they need!  January of 2016 our Foster daughter(who in a previous blog came in July of 2014) turned 18 and moved in with her grandmother.  It was sad to see her move out, she was such a precious girl.  Her past is of course a hurt one, and she has overcome many obstacles in the year and a half she was here.  My prayer is that she stays focused and continues to choose the good paths!  Okay that is the catch-up of the kids in our house!!!

But wait there's more!  We have our 23 y/o who moved out January 2015 and is doing absolutely amazing!!!  She has her own apartment has a steady job and is really focused on her health.  It fills my heart with such joy to see her doing so well.  Our other daughter who also moved out last January just turned 21 this week!   She too has her own place, steady job and guess what else???? She had a little boy in November of 2015, so we are now NANA and PAPA!!!   The little guy is so precious, and it is so sweet to see her be a parent.   She is doing an amazing job!!  

We have a houseful and we are proud to call it our nuthouse!!!   We still have our business (which I do VERY LITTLE at, but my husband is doing an amazing job at listening to God and using GWC to glorify Him! We are in the process of  "rebranding"  and having a grand reopening this spring.  It is awesome to see how the Lord is pulling everything together!   ( now don't get me wrong I have questioned Him quite a few times, bc HIS timing isn't really working with MY timing, so yes I am learning patience and learning to trust in Him, because many times I have seen that His way is always better.  I just need to realize I need to just get the heck out of His way)      So, anyways that is our lifes update in a nutshell.  Oh, wait there is a little more.  My husband has lost 60lbs and has started running marathons.  He is very dedicated to his new lifestyle and I admire his dedication and obsession, i mean commitment:)   (love ya honey)   And ever since my babies birth, I have had constant back pain that is not going away.   I have tried, PT, trigger point, acupuncture, had x rays, 2 MRI's, catscan, 2 chiropractors, and the most we have found is 3 bulging discs.  The pain has not lessened except recently when I got a new mattress and started decompression therapy, with stim and laser. I would say its maybe 20% better. Could you please pray for healing for my lower back?   I have questioned God about this and why I am in pain when he wants me to parent all these kids. I haven't gotten much of a response back, so I am being still and waiting on His timing with that! I mean what else can I do anyway!! LOL!  

Now, I am done!!   I will try to get back to blogging more than once every year and a half!!

2 comments:

Farfarello said...

You are amazing and i love you

Farfarello said...

This is shannon btw