Saturday, October 19, 2013

How many kids do you have???

We get asked this question alot!  The funny thing is I never know what to say.  We have biological children, we have adopted children, we have kids we have fostered, that were never adopted, we now have a foster child, we have a friend of one of our older foster kids who lives with us and we are fighting to adopt a brother of the two girls we adopted.  So, how many kids is that????

I know I personally consider anyone who has been placed in my home, and is searching for parents to show them unconditional love, are my kids. So, I might not have the legal papers, they might not call me mom, b/c it is to hard for them, but they are my kids, the ones that God has given to me to love.  These older kids who have been hurt and abused, they have a REALLY hard time trusting, and I can't tell you how many times I have been sworn at, deleted/blocked from facebook, all because they are not ready to be loved, they feel unworthy of it. So heartbreaking! I just sit and I pray for God to protect them and guide them. And I depend on Him to help my hurting heart as I sit and watch these precious kids, make bad choices, go down the wrong path, and do things that are even more hurtful to their lives.  I sit. I sit and I wait.  Praying and hoping that they will return, and that maybe this time they will be ready to accept the love, the love they so desperately need. I have shed A LOT of tears over these kids. My heart hurts for them.  But I sit and wait for them to come home. So that I can love on them some more. So they know someone is in their corner, someone thinks they are worth it!   If you could, maybe add my kids to  your prayer list. I would appreciate it!  

So how many kids do I have? right now I have 9, and one that we are fighting for. I love them all even when they are not here, even when they shut me out of their lives and even when they say they say they are done.  This is what my Abba, my heavenly father does to me. He loves me even in spite of my faults, and that is what I want to model to my kids.  This is my commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you. John 15;22  To Him be the Glory!

1 comment:

Linda said...

Jeana, I am in awe of what you do! God has given you a heart for these kids and even the littlest amount of time you spend with them, you have shown them God's love, His and your unconditional love and someday they will realize it. I have seen first hand how you have touched their lives and I pray that God continues to give you the children you pray for. For those who do unto the least of these does unto ME. Not sure of the exact verse but his reminds me so much of you and Steve! God Bless! LInda