Thursday, September 5, 2013

Start of the Homeschool Journey

We have made it through two weeks of homeschooling!!!   Well we are HS part time....I have the three big kids (6th,3rd,1st) going to a co-op, it meets Mondays and Wednesdays from 9-2.  They are learning History, Science, Literature, and Math Enrichment. I think it is the perfect option for us, they have "homework" in those classes, but I don't have to "teach" them!  They also are getting alot of crafty fun things there, that I am not so good at doing.  They have made models of the earth, swords, cookie dough sculptures of Rome...all in 2 weeks!  The co-op is called Laurel Mountain Classical Academy for any of you local folks that might wanna check it out.  I am only having to teach Math, Grammar/Spelling, and Bible.

Here is our "schedule"
Mondays~ Co-op 9-2
Tuesdays ~ School 9-12
Wednesdays~ Co-op 9-2
Thursdays~ School 9-12
Friday~School~finish up whatever is left:)

The little girls are in preschool from 9-12 M,W,F's.  I intentionally looked for a PS three days a week, so I would have a little time to myself every week (9-10 M&W's then from 10:15 to 11:45 I have reserved for patients at the office), and then fridays I would have time to focus on the big kids' work. So thursdays might be our "slack" day, since Fridays will be free of the little ones.    There is quite a bit of running around involved for me, but I am enjoying having them home.  

Here is our evenings:
Mondays~E&F dance 3:45-430  (office hours 430-530)C~will have guitar lessons, and then eventually have Cadets from 6:00-800 F has practice for a musical 630-800  B will have drum lessons.
Tuesdays~home all night:)
Weds~church from 5-8ish(office hours 3-430)
Thursdays~C&B have soccer from 600-700
Fridays~Movie nights:)
Saturdays will be soccer games
Sundays are church and family day!

Thankful that dance and soccer are only like 6-8weeks. So some of the busyness will eventually fizzle!

OUR HOMESCHOOL ROOM!!

B,C,F first day of co-op!


E&F first day of preschool!

No comments: