Saturday, January 5, 2013

Simple Joy

So, I just wanted to write a quick post as I sit here this morning feeling so lucky.
I woke up this morning with that little chill in the morning air, where you know it's morning and that there is snow on the ground.  A little nippy out.  I was sitting on my couch, looking into my dining room observing the kids.  The little girls were at their new little Dora table, enjoying their cheerios and eating their chocolate milk with a spoon:) (they get that from me b/c I like to add an extra scoop of nestle quik, so I have some chocolate off the bottom) The boys are at the table putting together a lego set that Bryson got for his birthday.   Fawn and her friend kendall have just come downstairs, fawn is sitting at the table watching the boys and Kendall is over hugging Faith and Emily.  She loves those little girls so much, and she is so gentle with them. 

Here I sit thinking how lucky we all are.  We are having breakfast in a warm house, playing with some of our favorite toys, and enjoying each others company. We are so blessed!  Times like these, I am just amazed at the things God has given me.  I don't deserve any of this!  These kids are truly amazing little creatures and I am beyond lucky that I get to be called "mom".

No comments: