Monday, April 18, 2011

Birthday and Blessings

Happy Monday!   We had Fawn's 9th birthday party on friday evening. She had a blast! 4 of her friends from church came, and then immediate family members. We had pizza from CiCi and Barbie cake. It was a sunny day and they were able to play outside.  I had lunch with her at school and took her in some cookie cake to share with her class.  The day before we let her skip school and she chose to go to the childrens musuem for a fun day.   I hope it was a special birthday for her. She had a little meltdown after the party, where she was calling CYS to move her from our home because she hates having brothers.  It was brief only about 20 mins, I am sure it was because there has still been NO contact with mom, it is hard for Fawn to cope with, normally she just ignores it all and says nothing.  Her dad called and wanted a visit with her on saturday, they met at Burger King. Steve took her, and he said that her dad wants custody and seems to think he is going to get it.  I want her to stay with us, if they seperate her and emily it is going to be REALLY hard on her.  I pray that God keeps them together.

Speaking of the little ones, they are an absolute riot.  They are so cute together, they are just the Best of Buds. They walk around all day just putting on and off shoes, it is their favorite thing to do. Emily is just blossoming into such a sweet little girl, her crying episodes are fewer and fewer, mornings are always the worst, dunno why, but by lunch she is smiling and laughing!  She is such a joy...after 10:00, LOL!

Cayden has just about finished his kindergarten curriculum, we got the first grade stuff in the mail last thursday.   We have changed curriculums, I am hoping we like this new one a little better!   He can read some, and I am so excited for him to be able to read me stories. He loves math and science!   I wish i had more time to help him do fun experiments and stuff but with all the other little ones it is just too much of a challenge.

Bryson is counting down the days of preschool, he can't wait to be homeschooled and have his own computer!  He is going to be  a challenge for me, but hey BRING IT ON! LOL!

So enough about the kids...I am going to start and build my practice, I think it 's time!   I am sorta exctied about it, I really do love helping peoples pain!   My analysis machine has been in the shop since november, so I don't know that we will ever see it again, it is so frustrating b/c we have paid $26000 for it, we should've just threw that money away at this point. UGH. We have 8 more months of paying on it, and then that bill is over. 

I have realized alot about myself and my friends since I have the foster kids.  I have realized alot of my friendships were superficial and unhealthy. :(  There are only a few people that have been there for me, and have been the support and encouragement that I need.  Going from 3 to 5 kids, is a challenge and alot of days I feel trapped in my house.  It is much easier to stay home and make sure they get their naps.

Well it's monday and the start of a new week!  Looking forward to Easter this weekend. Should be super fun with all the kiddos! 

1 comment:

Amber said...

you trying to catch up to me??? ;)