Wednesday, January 17, 2018

Winter Season

As I sit here looking out my window, I see a winter wonderland.  We have been getting snow for a couple of days, the kids have a 2 hour delay today, because of the cold.(not the snow.) People are already complaining they can't wait for summer.  I LOVE the snow, I love the pureness of freshly fallen snow, I love when my kids have a 2 hour delay and get to be home a little longer, I love watching them play in it, I love making homemade snow cream, I love how it covers everything in a calm freshness...I LOVE SNOW!!  (yes I hate driving in it, that might be the only negative).  In a season where everything looks dead and brown, snow brings something new and bright. I also love snow because I live in Pennsylvania and it is only with us for a few months and then we have another season to enjoy.  God is an amazing artist and if you stop and take in the beauty that He gives us everyday you will be in awe, there is such detail in each and every thing.

Our lives are a lot like the seasons.  I feel like we are in a season in our life of cold heavy snow, like we are in a  rut that's just dead and not beautiful. We have struggles we are going through that seem so heavy, like inches of the snow on our back.  Wondering if we will ever dig ourselves out. There are a lot of changes we are going through, God is directing us in a direction that seems impossible.  Last summer it seemed as though things had finally started move in a positive direction, then not sure what happened but it has sort of hit a stand still. During the mist of this situation He tells us to pull our kids from the Christian school, and to get our house and rental ready to sell in the spring. Well in the fall I was super excited about all of that. However, now that spring is just around the bend, I am questioning Him. How is the world will all this fall into place? We will more than likely have to rent for a year, ummm but there are 11 of us, we can't just rent an apartment, we won't fit. How long will the houses take to sell? How do we find a place for all of us in the meantime? Just a little transition house, seems simple enough, but is it? I am a planner so all this unknown is  a little stressful for me.

We are in a season that is not warm and full of sunshine, but  my quiet times have been reassuring me to surrender and trust in The One who created it all, He fights our battles and His plan is so much better than we can imagine. The season of snow while, dark, gloomy, cold, and a bit heavy has beauty to it.  It is a time to be still, to rest, and wait, because very shortly the snow will melt, the temperatures will rise, the sun will shine and everything will bloom!  So, as we are blessed with this snow I pray that we can stop and enjoy the quietness, the freshness, and realize this  season will soon pass.

Ecclesiastes 3:1-8
To every thing there is a season,
and a time to every purpose under the heaven:
A time to be born, a time to die;
a time to plant, and a time to pluck up that which is planted;
A time to kill, and a time to heal;
a time to break down, and a time to build up;
A time to weep, and a time to laugh;
a time to mourn, and a time to dance;
A time to cast away stones, and a time to gather stones together;
a time to embrace, and a time to refrain from embracing;
A time to get, and a time to lose;
a time to keep, and a time to cast away;
A time to rend, and a time to sew;
a time to keep silence, and a time to speak;
A time to love, and a time to hate;
A time of war, and a time of peace.

1 comment:

strappcl said...

Hey Cousin, I am just seeing this blog post many many months later. I wish I had seen it sooner. I want to let you know having been through rough seasons in life and very recently God will get you to the next season and I am sure he will make it one of your best seasons yet. You have done so much good and given so much love please remember to love yourself. Hugs and if you need to chat I am always here. Love you always <3