Thursday, March 28, 2013

Gay Marriage

Okay, so there is so much going on about gay marriages, or unions, whatever they call them.  And then there are those who are saying as  Christians we shouldn't be fighting for God's law that marriage is between a man and a women.  Let me tell you what I think, because I know you are wondering.

I BELIEVE MARRIAGE WAS DESIGNED FOR A MAN AND A WOMAN!!!

That is how we were created and it says so in the bible. The end.

BUT,  let me also say, I do believe it is up to Christians to stand up for the bible and what God has taught.  This in no way, makes be judgemental and lacking in my desire to disciple others.  I have gay friends and family, and I LOVE them.  Some of my most favorite memories in college were hanging with my "gay" friends.  They are some of the most fun people to be around. That doesn't mean I condone their lifestyle, of course I want them to live biblically, however I am a sinner as well.  One sin isn't higher than another. Just b/c they are choosing to sin and go against the bible does NOT mean they can't be saved or that they are not christians.  They very well may be. I mean what about the husband that is cheating on his wife, or one that has multiple wives? Or the one that is a pathological liar, and just lies about the stupidest things? They are all sinning, and to each of them, I would stand up to my christian beliefs that they are not following God. 

“Brother will betray brother to death, and a father his child; children will rebel against their parents and have them put to death. 22 You will be hated by everyone because of me, but the one who stands firm to the end will be saved. Whoever acknowledges me before others, I will also acknowledge before my Father in heaven. 33 But whoever disowns me before others, I will disown before my Father in heaven.
34 “Do not suppose that I have come to bring peace to the earth. I did not come to bring peace, but a sword. 35 For I have come to turn

“‘a man against his father,
a daughter against her mother,
a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law
36 a man’s enemies will be the members of his own household.
 
This is found in Matthew 10.    God wants us to stand up for what is right. Not just sit by and tolerate it b/c we want to show them love.  We can show them love by standing up for what is right, sometimes love can be hard.  Anyone that has kids can understand that.  We set down rules for our kids to follow, and we enforce them, b/c it is our job and BECAUSE we love them.  Life isn't about making everyone happy, and comfortable, it is about being obedient to the one who created us. 
He loves us, despite of every single one of our sins, JESUS DIED ON THE CROSS FOR GAYS!!!! HE DIED FOR ME!!!!   He wants not one to perish, but ALL to have eternal life.  And bottom line is, that all who BELIEVE that Christ died for his sins, shall make it into heaven!  Gays, lesbians, muderers, adulterors, we will all be standing together in Christs kingdom, if we all accept the FREE GIFT He has given us.  That is what makes Christianity completely amazing in my eyes.  We don't have to do anything, HE DID IT ALL!!!  All we need to do as sinners is to accept the free gift of eternal life that He has offered.  Christ took my sin, with every thorn that pierced his head, every piece of flesh that was ripped open by the whip, each nail the bound Him to the cross, He washed away MY sin!  He did that for me, and for Him, I will teach others about His love and His will for their life.  I will love them regardless of their lifestyle, regardless of their sin. I will stand up for biblical principles.  I can do this because He loves me, and died for me. 
 
 
Here is one of my favorite songs, one that makes me cry every time I hear it. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbe7OruLk8I  I am so humbled that someone could love me so much to die for me.  That is a love that is unconditional, and one that I pray every day to be able to show.  We are all offered a gift, all we have to do is believe HE loved us that much.  He was crucified on that cross for me, for YOU!  He arose three days later!   Celebrate His Love for us this weekend and give Him all the glory and praise for all that you are!  
 
And to any of my gay friends, or any of my unsaved friends that may be reading this, please know how much love I have in my heart for you!  I am in constant prayer that one day we will be in God's paradise together!   Here is the prayer:
Dear God in heaven, I come to you in the name of Jesus. I acknowledge to You that I am a sinner, and I am sorry for my sins and the life that I have lived; I need your forgiveness.

I believe that your only begotten Son Jesus Christ shed His precious blood on the cross at Calvary and died for my sins, and I am now willing to turn from my sin.

No comments: