Saturday, April 21, 2012

Transformation

Spring is here! What a beautiful time of the year, everything is fresh and new!  The perfect time for a transformation of the heart and a renewing of your mind!   This past winter was full of challenges for our family. We had many obstacles to overcome, which at the time seemed like HUGE mountains and almost impossible to face. However with every one I could feel my heavenly father calling me and begging me to trust Him and to lean on Him.  I have realized many things about myself, things I didn't necessarily want to face, but so glad He forced me to see.  

I look around and I wonder why we are here on earth, we are born, we grow up, we marry, we have kids, they grow up, they have kids, we die....(maybe not in that order, and not everyone marries or has kids, but you get what i am saying)  just a boring cycle and really what is it's purpose?  I get up every morning to babies fussing, do the same routine, get kids ready for school, unload dishwasher, load dishwasher, get  breakfast, run sweeper, change diapers, feed kids, do laundry,  clean up after kids, feed kids, change diapers, get kids ready for bed, clean house, go to bed and do it all over again.  I would sit and be discouraged because I have no ME time, I would like to sleep till 8, get uphave a quick breakfast, go to the gym, come home shower, clean up the house eat lunch, watch a little daytime t.v.  get dinner ready for my husband, sit down have a HOT meal and enjoy an uninterrupted conversation with him.  I mean I know I have chosen this life, but at times i wonder sheesh, can't i just have a break?  I am 30lbs over the weight I would like to be, I can't find the time to get to the gym and work out, I try to eat good, but then I find myself finishing my kids' meals so as not to waste food, then stress hits and yep I am an emotional eater, chocolate and little debbie snack cakes, love them when i am stressed....oh yeah and with 7 kids, I am pretty much stressed every day....LOL!!

That's when God spoke to me....He asked me why I thought I should be able to have an relaxing and easy life.  He made me realize, I was not put on this earth for it to be simple and easy.   I was put on this earth to do all the things He asks of me, and no it won't be easy. He has called me to be a wife and a mom. And every diaper I change and every child I hold crying at 200 am, the struggles that each one brings, I am to handle in a way that is gloryfying Him!   Each of these moments that I am frustrated or overwhelmed are the teachable moments to show people of God's grace and love.  Of course I fail many times at this, but the times I succeed are the moments I treasure.  We are on this earth for such a short amount of time, we need to reach those who don't know God, and every word or every action we do, can show people Christ's love.  This is one of the area's of my life, I am trying so hard to work on, somtimes i fail miserably, actually alot of the time, but I am going to keep working on!  He has shown me that if I just focus on Him and keep Him as my goal, He will be with me.  He will help me through lifes trials, and He will rejoice with me when things are good!    Let me tell you how awesome it feels to have the King of all creation in my corner!   I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me!  

I look forward to this season and the next and pray for  a willing spirit to follow His will and the ability to glorify Him in all I do!  So, I accept that I am going to be tired everyday, I am embracing my extra 30 lbs, and giving it all to Him, and when His time right, I will be able to focus these things! 

And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.  ROMANS 12:2

No comments: