Saturday, June 11, 2011

Transition to Summer

School's out!  Fawn is going onto 4th grade, Cayden first, and Bryson in preK4!  I talked to Fawn's caseworker and it looks like I'll be able to homeschool her next year!  I feel it would be really good for her for many reasons, she is behind some and this will help her catch up and hopefully will heal some of her wounds being in our home environment. 

Let's talk about change...we had a little boy foster child come into our home for a week, he was such a sweet kid, but could not remain in our family because he was starting to act out sexually.  It was really hard on me to have him removed, I felt like I was giving up on a helpless child. I mean I know it HAD to be done for my kids and for him, he is in a home with no kids now which is best for everyone, but I still cried for hours over it.  I know God is in control and is able to help all who ask, so I am just praying for His hadn over little D.   We are now waiting on 1 or 2 more kids,  i really am enjoying being with all these little kids, their hearts are just crying out for love and understanding! 

We moved E into F's room.  E is in a toddler bed and F is still in her crib.  The first night they were up "talking" for 2 hours.  LOL!  they are settling down sooner, last night it was only an hour. I can see they are more tired than usual, but i figure eventually they will figure it all out...right?  They are just so cute together, they do everything together and are always so pleased to be in trouble together :) E is definitely attaching to us more, she still has moments where it is hard to comfort her, but it is amazing to see the difference in her personality from when she first arrived.

Big F has accepted Christ!  Praising God that we were able to have a hand in bringing her to Him.  She just loves learning about the bible and God's word.  She has changed and matured so much since she came 5 months ago.  She has her own room and is loving it.  She asked me why couldn't we just keep our family the way it was?  do we need more kids?   LOL, i told her we would like 1-2 more, well it turns out she doesn't wanna share her room!   I told her to pray for boys then...so she immediately started praying!   She is very excited to be homeschooled, she has been asking for us to do it since she moved in.  She has been dealing with alot, her BIO dad keeps telling her  he is getting custody of her, and she doesn't want to live with him, she is petrified of being seperated from E.

C & B are still adjusting but they absolutely love having a big family.  They are so sweet and helpful to the kids.  C  & F both have a hard time sharing the oldest position and there is a lot of bickering where that is concerned but most of the time they get along as any brother and sister would.  Once little D left C says, mommy it's so lonely without him here...are we getting any more?   I just love seeing how they are growing through this experience.  Then there is B, he still marches to his own beat...sometimes i forget he is only 4, I have unrealistic expectations of him b/c he blends in with the older ones so easily. He has such a soft heart even though he seems like the tough little dude. 

So our first week of summer was like this...our refridgerator broke and was without one for 10 days, our 3rd foster kid acted out and we had to have him removed, our 18 year old, called and said to come and get her car to pay for what she owes us (which covers less ) we shut her phone off  the night we got her car, (she said she lost her job too) so she isn't speaking to us because somehow this is all our fault.  My sitter called me and informed me she had lice and to check the kids...yup we had lice....sigh...what a fiasco that was, washing EVERYTHING and bagging all blankets, stuffed animals etc... so blessed to have two wonderful friends that helped  me through all that!  what a mental game it was. I can see the light at the end of the tunnel though!!! 

I think the hardest thing for me is the anger from the 18 year old, it breaks my heart to see her throwing her life away again.  If she would've been willing to talk to us we could have worked something out, but she has so much anger in her and i guess we are the targets, we have bent over backwards for her and are left with this, it is very hard for me to come to grips with. All I can do is pray for God to lead her and protect her. 

Let's talk praises!!   I am so grateful in all the God is doing in our lives.  Steve's business in just flourishing, it is so awesome to see how amazing our God is!  I am just so blessed to be married to such an awesome man.  He has such a gift to help those in need, and to meet them where they are.  GWC is growing in so many awesome ways!!   I can't wait to see what the future holds! I am finally at a spot in my life where I know I am doing what God wants me to do, my heart is so content and at peace.  I love being a mom more than I could ever express.  Um, yes i hate it some days and the kids get on my last nerve, but at the end of the day I would n't trade a second of it!
Praying for God's blessings on everyone of you that took the time to read my ramblings:)

No comments: